The marketing director is responsible for marketing the program both to attendees and potential mentors/volunteers through identifying and understanding target markets and planning, developing, and implementing marketing strategies that align with the programs goals. If you have a creative flair, experience or interest in digital marketing, and a deep passion for improving diversity in tech, we highly encourage you to apply!
- Promoting our sessions each month with our community via digital marketing strategies, including:
- Maintaining and running our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Slack
- Implementing email marketing strategies via Mailchimp
- Maintaining Mailchimp attendee and mentor mailing lists
- Occasionally running Facebook ad campaigns
- Posting event info across a variety of local event calendars
- Designing graphics as needed for marketing strategies via Canva
- Attending monthly sessions to take photos
- Collaborating and meeting with other marketing directors across KCWiT.
This is a volunteer position with an estimated time commitment of 10-15 hours a month. To apply, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch!
|Job Category||Coding & Cocktails Team|