ngGirls Workshop – ONLINE
July 25 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Are you a woman interested in learning how to build web applications with the latest technologies? We have awesome news for you! ngGirls and Kansas City Women in Technology are coming together to bring you a 100% FREE online coding workshop.
The fun kicks off on the evening of Friday, July 24 with a pre-workshop tool installation party. The full-day workshop takes place on Saturday, July 25 during which selected participants will build and deploy a web application using Angular. Angular is an open-source web framework from Google.
We believe that everyone in the technology industry can benefit from more female developers and IT professionals. Here is a great opportunity to learn how to code in a fun, beginner-friendly, immersive environment.
Our mentors will provide plenty of guidance and support for those with no coding experience. Fill out the application today and join the fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can attend this event? Women ages 14 and up are welcome to apply as an attendee. Everyone is welcome to apply as a mentor. Applications are open for all geographic regions, but our selection process factors your location to respect our local Kansas City sponsors.
- How much does this event cost? This online workshop is 100% FREE of charge.
- Do I need to know how to code? Nope! Prior coding experience is NOT required. We will provide you with the resources you need to get started!
- What equipment do I need? You’ll need a computer with internet access, speakers/headphones, microphone, and a camera is optional. All required equipment is standard on a laptop.
- When will I find out if I’ve been accepted? We will contact all applicants via email shortly after applications close on June 30.
- I have more questions! Check out FAQs from ngGirls and on our event site!
What is ngGirls?
ngGirls is a free, one-day, introductory web development workshop for women using Angular, an open-source web technology framework developed by Google. Angular is one of the most popular frameworks for web applications and is a marketable skill to learn. This is KCWiT’s second year offering the program, during which women age 14+ will learn to to build a web application by completing a self-directed worksheet with one-on-one mentor support. There will be swag, raffle prizes, and lots of fun.
Questions or Concerns?
NOTE: Your health and a safe learning environment are our top concerns. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we transition to an online only format.