July 27 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Are you a woman interested in learning how to build web applications with the latest technologies? We have awesome news for you! ngGirls and Kansas City Women in Technology are coming together to bring you a free, one-day introductory coding workshop.
The fun kicks off on the evening of Friday, July 26 with a pre-workshop tool installation pizza party. The full-day workshop takes place on Saturday, July 27 during which selected participants will build and deploy a web application using Angular. Angular is an open-source web framework from Google.
We believe that everyone in the technology industry can benefit from more female developers and IT professionals. Here is a great opportunity to learn how to code in a fun, beginner-friendly, immersive environment.
Our mentors will provide plenty of guidance and support for those with no coding experience. Fill out the application today and join the fun!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who can attend this event? Women ages 14 and up are welcome to apply.
- How much does this event cost? This workshop is 100% FREE of charge for accepted attendees.
- Do I need to know how to code? Nope! Prior coding experience is NOT required. We’ll send resource materials prior to the workshop to help you hit the ground running!
- Do I need to bring my own laptop? Yes, please bring a wifi-enabled laptop. Feel free to apply if you don’t have a laptop and let us know. We want to help!
- Will meals be provided? Lunch, snacks, and beverages will be provided.
When will I find out if I’ve been accepted? We will contact all applicants via email shortly after applications close on May 31.
What is ngGirls?
ngGirls aims to introduce women to the world of technology and increase diversity around the world. ngGirls is a free, one-day, introductory web development workshop for women using Angular, an open-source web technology framework developed by Google. Angular is one of the most popular frameworks for web applications and is a marketable skill to learn. This is KCWiT’s first year offering the program, during which women age 14+ will learn to to build a web application by completing a self-directed worksheet with one-on-one mentor support. There will be swag, raffle prizes, and lots of fun.