The Community Outreach Director is responsible for managing relationships with the community. Kansas City Women in Technology receives a large number of requests for speakers, mentors, and coaching in regards to technology and women in technology careers. This includes requests from schools, STEM/STEAM events, and one-off community events. This is an administrative and networking role.
- Replying to email requests from the community within 48 hours
- Vetting community requests and posting them to the KCWiT opportunities page
- Working with the Membership Engagement Director to connect KCWiT volunteers to community requests
- Managing and updating the volunteer and mentor opportunity page
- Managing a contact sheet of community partners and programs
- Attending relevant community meetings and events on KCWiT’s behalf
All of a our leadership roles are volunteer based. We value our team’s hard work and dedication towards growing the number of women in technology careers in Kansas City.
|Job Category||Operations Team|