Website Stowers Institute for Medical Research
The Stowers Institute for Medical Research is seeking qualified candidates for a Systems Administrator position that is responsible for designing, deploying, and maintaining a hybrid infrastructure. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of platform services, including, but not limited to Windows Server, Azure/M365, (Active Directory, Azure AD, Exchange, DNS, VMware, and Intune). This is a hands-on technical position and a deep knowledge of cloud and on-prem services infrastructure and platforms is crucial.
• Serve as a knowledge expert on Microsoft 365 applications and provide Day-to-Day support of the health of our M365 tenant, and management of incident escalations.
• Provide hands-on design, enhancing, and implementation of Office 365 solutions, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server Online, Microsoft Exchange Hybrid, Azure Active Directory, DNS, AAD Connect, and Intune.
• Manage Active Directory DC design, Schema, OU design, AD replication topology, and DC backup/restore procedures.
• Deploy and manage authentication processes and protocols in centralized directories (such as LDAP, AD, AAD, OAUTH, ADFS, SAML) including Single Sign-on.
• Design, Deploy, and Manage applications in both Azure and On-prem Windows Infrastructures
• Develop PowerShell scripts to streamline administrative tasks.
• Maintain awareness of upcoming and newly released features and be able to provide recommendations to the business around their use.
• Other duties as assigned that support the overall mission of the Institute.
• 7+ years’ equivalent work experience.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills from both business and technical perspectives.
• Experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, and migrations.
• Broad and in-depth understanding of all Office 365 application’s functionality and governance.
• Extensive experience with Azure Administration, building resource groups and configuring enterprise applications/registrations.
• Expert working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy to manage enterprise environment.
• Expert knowledge and experience of PowerShell scripting.
• Understanding of virtualization, server, and storage technologies.
• Understanding of networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, Routing, etc.
• Understanding of backup technologies and processes, Veeam experience a plus.
• Experience implementing and managing Microsoft Single Sign-on solutions (ADFS, AAD Connect, etc.)
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability across an integrated, multi-server environment.
• Ability to work independently and research/resolve technical issues and solutions.
Additional Preferred Experience:
• Technical certifications in Windows Server, Azure/O365, (Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, and Intune are highly desired.
• VMware Infrastructure Experience – vSphere, vSAN, vRealize Operations, etc.
• Experience with Certificate Services, NDES, SCEP.
• Experience with Intune endpoint configuration management including iOS.
• Experience with Multifactor Authentication with Azure.
• Experience with Azure Enterprise Registration and access control.
• Experience with AWS S3, EC2, etc.
• Exposure to Power Automate, Flow, and/or Visio.
• Experience with database and database management technologies.
Submit the requested documents to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org