Website Stowers Institute for Medical Research
The Stowers Institute has an opening for an Application Business Analyst who will work as part of the Application Development team. This Business Analyst will lead their application’s requirement gathering efforts for a laboratory information management system, including roadmap, specification development, user acceptance testing, user experience, etc.
- Lead discovery meetings for proprietary Laboratory Information Management System for new modules and enhancements to existing modules.
- Develop specifications, wireframes, mockups, and other content necessary to clearly communicate functionality objectives to development team.
- Work with the development team using agile/scrum methodologies
- Work closely with development team to convey the information needed to develop quickly with fewer iterations.
- Ability to see, understand, and add value to the full application spectrum; from user needs / functionality, UI/UX, database configuration concepts, etc.
- Importantly, the developer will be in a user/customer facing role working directly with users and should be comfortable with providing a high-quality customer service experience and user training that facilitates positive interactions with the intranet and team.
Successful candidates will have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to actively participate in interdisciplinary teams; the ability to prioritize management of projects/time; demonstrate the capability of high performance in independent work as well as in a team setting; the ability to adapt and work in fast paced environment, maintain a high degree of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; and exhibit creative and out-of-the-box thinking skills.
Minimum requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, business administration or equivalent program, or experience working in a business analyst or developer role.
- Experience in SCRUM or similar sprint processes
- Experience leading client demos
Additional preferred technical skills include experience with:
- Two or more years of Business Analyst experience
- Education or working knowledge of SQL
- Education or working knowledge of HTML5/CSS
- Education or working knowledge of PHP
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence)
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org