Website Stowers Institute for Medical Research
The Stowers Institute has an opening for an Application Quality Assurance Analyst. The selected candidate will oversee the quality assurance test process from a high level to aid in testing and documentation for a Laboratory Information Management System. Qualified candidates will have experience with all or most of the responsibilities listed below.
- Analyzing software requirements and software design documents to transform the information into test cases for various types of tests
- Writing automated test scripts
- Developing planned test data
- Using knowledge and experience of full software life cycle
- Participation in project review meetings and leading peer-review meetings of developed test materials
- Performing formal tests and installing software applications
- Executing manual and automated test cases and scripts
- Writing problem and change reports
- Performing regression testing
- Reporting test results efficiently
- Working with the development team using agile/scrum methodologies
- Working closely with development team to convey the information needed to develop quickly with fewer iterations
- Importantly, the analyst will be in a user/customer facing role working directly with users and should be comfortable with providing a high-quality customer service experience and user training that facilitates positive interactions with the intranet and team.
Successful candidates will have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to actively participate in interdisciplinary teams; the ability to prioritize management of projects/time; demonstrate the capability of high performance in independent work as well as in a team setting; the ability to adapt and work in fast paced environment, maintain a high degree of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; and exhibit creative and out-of-the-box thinking skills.
Minimum requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, computer information systems or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of quality assurance experience
- Experience in SCRUM or similar sprint processes
- Possesses superior analytical, problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Experience writing Selenium tests
- Experience writing and performing manual test plans from development tickets
Additional preferred technical skills include:
- Experience setting up Selenium for Continuous Integration
- PHP Experience
- Experience writing tests with Codeception
- Experience writing tests for ExtJS
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Administration Department, Stowers Institute for Medical Research, 1000 E 50th Street, Kansas City, MO 64110.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com